24 February 2009

New Shoe Lines

Yesterday I learned of a new "rock 'n roll" influenced shoe line starting up called Luxury Rebel by footwear designer Jean-Michel Cazabat. Read the story entitled "Vicious Footwear" here at WWD. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this... hasn't every designer had a "rock 'n roll" inspired line? The shoes featured in the article aren't that special: hot pink, sequined, platform mules. Honestly, you'd find something cuter at Forever21 for next to nothing price-wise, and its not exactly a classic style so why pay a high price for something you'll be sick of in one season? The article claims the line will contain fifty different styles inspired by musical icons such as Sid Vicious (um, what the Vivienne Westwood Seditionaries boots not enough of an iconic look?) and will sell at high-end department stores and specialty boutiques.


In other shoe news; I'm actually very excited for Project Runway Season 4 winner Christian Siriano's line for Payless! The styles are very sexy and edgy, my only worry is that the quality won't be very good. I'd much rather pay a bit more for shoes and handbags made out of quality materials than buy a style I adore made out of cheap materials that won't last a season. This is one of my biggest beefs with Target's designer accessories collections. Great styles, but I've seen those handbags after about a solid month of use and they look about to fall apart. But I digress, back to Christian's line. He says its inspired by the Egyptian landscape, and will include five styles. The names are so very Christian: Slither, Saunter, SheDevil, Sand Strap and Strut! Shown above is "The Strut". I'm in love, they remind me of those killer Rodarte shoes. There will be two handbags to coordinate with the shoes -- the Shanbag tote and Sassafras clutch. The line will be available exclusively in Payless stores and at payless.com in September. You can find out more information about the line as well as pictures of each style here. (Source: Yahoo Finance)

Cheers!
Punk Glam Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, talk to me! Speak your mind and make a difference. I love finding new blogs to follow, and I can't visit unless you comment.
*Please note: comments are moderated, and anonymous commenting is allowed. I will NOT publish rude comments made anonymously, if you have something rude to say then grow a pair and sign in, then I'll post your comment.I also don't publish comments with imbedded links to spam sites, so stop wasting your time -- you know who you are!
XXX Jet

http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com/p/blog-page.html