16 August 2011

More Flea Market Finds!

I was quite upset as I thought I had lost a gorgeous lime green leather skirt (I'm a self-admitted green queen) thankfully Jeanne remembered where we hid it in the car so I'm happy once again!











I'm in the process of making a blouse from two pieces of cut silk velvet from the 30s that were given to me. As I'd finally got the shape correct, I was reluctant to remove it for the photos. I love the fabric so -- as much as my leather skirt! -- and can't wait to show you the finished product!





I also found these hors d'oeuvres forks and knives at the flea market, which I've been collecting for ages as they're perfect when hosting a party. Great for a cheese plate or antipasto, they always come in handy! These are modern, made in Japan.





These are vintage and were made in France. I think I've had them before we got married over 20 years ago! I especially love the squid!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my goodies as much as I loved finding them!

XXX

4 comments:

  1. Gawd a green leather skirt ***drooling*** and I love the top you're making - such beautiful fabric! That fab cutlery is getting harder to find - what a great collection you're building there! Sorry I haven't been in touch - I haven't been posting either - so much happening here and it's been completely exhausting. I hope you're well my love and your ankle is healing! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew as my soul sister in green that skirt would have you drooling too! Wait until you see the finished top, the fabric is just exquisite! Haven't seen the cutlery in ages, so I was thrilled even though it's not vintage. Ankle is fine back to wearing my giant heels! I hope all is well with you, and remember I'm always here if you need a good chat!
    XXX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green leather skirt is divine and that top is looking fabulous, too.
    I'm a sucker for buffet stuff, fancy forks, peanut dispensers, any excuse to throw a party. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for all that fancy buffet stuff too and have way too much, including the peanut dsh with the little squirrel on top! I must STOP I'm overrun! Heehee!
    XXX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, talk to me! Speak your mind and make a difference. I love finding new blogs to follow, and I can't visit unless you comment.
*Please note: comments are moderated, and anonymous commenting is allowed. I will NOT publish rude comments made anonymously, if you have something rude to say then grow a pair and sign in, then I'll post your comment.I also don't publish comments with imbedded links to spam sites, so stop wasting your time -- you know who you are!
XXX Jet

http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com/p/blog-page.html