03 September 2010

Revisited: Blythsowood Square Hotel and Spa

Back in February I had the pleasure of staying in the newly opened Blythswood Square Hotel and Spa, and gave them a glowing review. As I was returning to Glasgow, I decided the hotel was so accommodating and lovely that I would try a second time to see if they're keeping up the amazing service. I wasn't disappointed!

Upon my arrival, I was greeted warmly by the staff who all remembered me, and even asked after the Punk Glam Princess wondering why she wasn't with me this time as well. Well blow me over! I've stayed at various hotels many times over and never been greeted as genuinely warmly as this!

I was led to my room, number 218 by the gracious staff who explained to me that this part of the hotel wasn't even open on my last visit. Since it was just myself this time I opted for the "wee classic" room, and although this is considered their most economical room, I found it to be quite luxurious with the giant king sized four poster bed fit for this Punk Glam Queen! (And yes, wee pixie sized me can take up that whole bed -- I'm quite a restless sleeper that has the poor Punk Glam King clinging to the edge of the bed every night! Sorry honey, you know its just that I want to be closer to you! Heehee!)

Lovely touches like a cozy Scottish Harris tweed shawl lay at the foot of this Queen's bed. A love seat at the foot made for easy entertaining when Queen Marie and Queen Michelle came to visit.


The desk, with a tray of sweets and fruit, the gratis bottles of Speyside Glenlivet Water (one each of still and sparkling -- I'm quite particular about water, and give this one 5 stars as well!) and the large flat screen TV at the end. I loved that mirror as well, it had such a sassy, 1930's boudoir vibe! Combined with the four poster bed, I felt like a modern day Jean Harlow as I had even brought my silk 1930's nightgown! Oh and I must not forget, FREE wifi throughout the hotel!


Lovely personal touches like this hand-written note make you feel realize you are in the lap of luxury.




Same gorgeous marble bath as our last room. Thick, thirsty towels, robes, and slippers, and organic vegan safe toiletries round out the luxury.

Our last visit I forgot to take a picture of the lovely sink faucet. Look at how the water cascades out... I want one!



The swanky Rally Bar during the day so you can see the decor better, where Queen Michelle, Prince B, and myself enjoyed drinks one evening.


Some quiet nooks off the main lobby.


Blythswood Square, just across the street from the hotel, now in full bloom.

My room rate was a summer special and included a full Scottish breakfast. For a mere 5GBP more I had it delivered to my room one morning as I intended on sleeping in and this little extra luxury made me feel so very royal indeed. Another evening, I was a bit peckish, and it was late, so I ordered room service. I got a wonderful Toasted Tuna Melt Panini for a mere 7.50GBP. All the late night room service options were very reasonable, and I wouldn't hesitate to order as the service was prompt and was not only beautiful, but perfectly served.

After staying at Blythswood Square Hotel this second time, I can honestly say this hotel will remain one of my all-time favourites, and it lives up to its 5 Star rating. Everything about it, from the gorgeous facade, motoring memorabilia, modern decor with a twist, food, little touches like robes and slippers, and superb staff and service will make this my hotel of choice every visit to Glasgow! At some future point, I do plan to return to Glasgow with my whole family, and visit Edinburgh as well. I wouldn't hesitate book one of the hotel groups offerings there due to my marvelous experience at Blythswood Square.

If you're interested in booking a room, please do refer directly to their website where you will find the best rates and specials anywhere on the Internet.

A special thank you to the staff of Blythswood Square Hotel and Spa for making my solo visit to Glasgow so special. You'll be seeing me and hopefully my family too again! (Soon I hope!)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, talk to me! Speak your mind and make a difference. I love finding new blogs to follow, and I can't visit unless you comment.
*Please note: comments are moderated, and anonymous commenting is allowed. I will NOT publish rude comments made anonymously, if you have something rude to say then grow a pair and sign in, then I'll post your comment.I also don't publish comments with imbedded links to spam sites, so stop wasting your time -- you know who you are!
XXX Jet

http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com/p/blog-page.html