25 May 2010

A Few Victorian Items of Clothing

I've been meaning for some time to get photos of some of my Victorian pieces. I wore these to death back in my clubbing days (like a moron -- seriously hanging in seedy clubs dressed in Victorian?) Well I finally came across a few pics I'll entertain you with. Most date from the 1800's.



This is my favourite piece. The beading on it on the back as well as sleeves are exquisite but unfortunately difficult to photograph. The interior is completely lined in whale bones to really cinch you in!



The beautiful regal blue of this velvet and lace piece is made quite the same as the other. The interesting thing is the piece hanging down. Its a piece that goes around your waist on the inside, like you need even more cinching? Those Victorians really liked their tiny waists!


I have a bunch more but they require digging through a cedar trunk and doing all the photographing. I promise one day I'll get around to it as they are too beautiful to keep to myself!

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. These are amazing-i'm so jealous, especially of the blue one, it's beautiful! I'd love some genuine Victorian clothing.
    Hah, must of been uncomfortable club wear though!
    Thanks for sharing :D
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric quality is amazing, so difficult to describe and photograph. Nah they weren't uncomfortable at all, I'm a teensy little faery sized woman who fits Victorian clothing without a corset! Wait until I unearth some of the other pieces some of my 20's and 30's things are just amazing and still very wearable!
    XXX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodie I like these. I may be able to find a good home for them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no no no m'dear, they already have a very happy home! I still wear them too! There is maybe one outfit I would give up, but I think its damaged and wouldn't bring a good price even though its a full on garden party type top and skirt with embroidery. Wait until I show you some of the twenties pieces, there is a coat that's unbelievable, faux fur and maribou! You'll kvell!
    XXX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, talk to me! Speak your mind and make a difference. I love finding new blogs to follow, and I can't visit unless you comment.
*Please note: comments are moderated, and anonymous commenting is allowed. I will NOT publish rude comments made anonymously, if you have something rude to say then grow a pair and sign in, then I'll post your comment.I also don't publish comments with imbedded links to spam sites, so stop wasting your time -- you know who you are!
XXX Jet

http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com/p/blog-page.html