11 April 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

I was completely caught off guard and flattered to receive the Versatile Blogger Award from one of my favourite bloggers: Baroque Boudoir.



The Rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you have recently discovered and enjoy.
4. Leave your recipient a note, telling them about the award.

Here we go...

1. I own 100's of pairs of shoes (not exaggerating!) from the 30s up to the present. I lost count somewhere close to 200 and that was about 4 years ago! Most are vintage as I started over 30 years ago when they were cheap and plentiful. I'm a firm believer that shoes make an outfit, and only buy what I love and would wear for many years to come!

2. I'm not big on sweets, much more of a savoury gal. Give me fresh bread, cheeses and fresh vegetables and I'm in food heaven! My one weakness is English sausages, I could eat them everyday!

3. I have more dresses than any other item of clothing as I love that you can pull one on and instantly look great without stressing over separates that need to go together.

4. Here's a huge disclosure that will probably freak out a lot: I'm a full-fledged modern witch, having gone through many years of training both here and in the UK. I attained my 3rd degree (high as you can go within my branch of Wicca/Paganism) as well as am considered an elder within the community for quite some years. I've also trained 1000's. I've written books on the subject (as well as other metaphysical and non-fiction titles) and am considered by my peers to be an expert (but I'm always learning -- kill me and put me put of my misery if I ever do stop!) Oh and 'I see dead people'! (Good times. Not!) The whole "witchy" look kinda pisses me off, real witches look very much like everyone else and not the stereotype. Those who play into the stereotype only wind up coming off as poseurs! One of these days I'll dispel the stereotypes and blow away the hipsters!

5. Green is my all-time fav colour and various shares are frequently found on my fingers and toenails, as well as my wardrobe and home!

6. My husband is the love of my life and my hero! And my daughter is more precious to me than anything as she was a miracle baby that I was told could never bring to term!

7. From the late 70s to even now I've met more rock stars and rock gods than most people can even think of! I'm still friends with many. And boy the stories I could tell... I was never a groupie, but more like one of the guys! (Hella lot more fun by far!)

Bonus:
If I don't travel frequently I actually become physically ill! My wanderlust is shared with glee with the best little adventure and travel companion one could ask for, my daughter. She's always up for one of our adventures!

I'm passing this award on to these fab bloggers, please check them out!

1. Punk Glam Panache -- the Punk Glam princess is blogging!
2. Jeanne Suica
3. Pull Your Sox Up
4. Discount
5. Panache
6. Pretty Portobello
7.Vintage Vandalizm

XXX

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award my lovely - eeeep!!! And thank you so much for sharing more about yourself here - you know green's my favourite colour too and OMG I don't have a sweet tooth either! I could live on antipasto, breads and cheeses - mmmm snags! Congratulations on attaining such a high level of knowledge and experience in wicca - you certainly do blow a lot of stereotypes way out of the water!! Guess what - I'm the Princess's first follower - oh she's so gorgeous!:))) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve the award darling -- you are fearless! And the PGP will be chuffed to bits when she wakes and finds you as her first follower! Thanks for being so sweet! Hey we're birds of a green feather!
    XXX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU SO MUCH LOVELY LADY!
    We are terribly flattered for the award :)
    We will definitely be doing a little post of this on our blog too.
    Fascinating about your witching abilities Miss, amazing work getting that far! I wish you lived in the same country, I'd love to learn more.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both deserve it! Thanks, it would've been a pleasure to teach you!
    XXX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, talk to me! Speak your mind and make a difference. I love finding new blogs to follow, and I can't visit unless you comment.
*Please note: comments are moderated, and anonymous commenting is allowed. I will NOT publish rude comments made anonymously, if you have something rude to say then grow a pair and sign in, then I'll post your comment.I also don't publish comments with imbedded links to spam sites, so stop wasting your time -- you know who you are!
XXX Jet

http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com/p/blog-page.html