Links à la Mode
****for week of July 30, 2009****
The Elements of Style
Edited by Retro Chick
Whether it’s Winter or Summer, relentless rain or an unceasing heatwave where you are, this weeks Links a la Mode is packed with entertainment to keep you out of the sun/rain/wind.
If you plan to travel to escape your current weather conditions then Hi Fashion has some great travel tips and Idiosyncratic Style has some ideas for easy fashion DIY projects you can take with you.
Other highlights this week include a hilarious mans view on some Celebrity Fashion choices from Unfunded, Our Ocean’s coverage of Vivienne Westwood’s appearance on Jonathan Ross and Style Amor’s refusal to buy a wedding dress, as well as some insightful interviews and gorgeous give-aways.
Choosing just 20 links from the number of fantastic submissions is a challenging task and this week I found it particularly hard to whittle down the numbers so be sure to go and check out the rest of the links in the full Links a la Mode thread.
Links à la Mode : July 30th
- Breakfast at Saks – Aschobi: Sierra Leone Couture
- Brick My Lane – Interview with Christian Joy, the genius behind the costumes worn by Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- by Hillary – Deciding if you really need to dry clean that dress that says “dry clean”
- Culturistas – The Culturistas find a ‘Lust vs Must’ profile of the Romper Trend!
- Fashion Cents – Can you wear the romper trend? Fashion Cents helps you decide if and how to romp around
- Fashion Hippo – Fashion Hippo is having a fantastic giveaway: Mary Frances “Mercury Rising” wristlet bag.
- Fashion in my eyes – Interview: Fashion editor at 17
- HiFashion – Tips for fashionable travellers
- Idiosyncratic Style – A round up of 5 cool projects that are perfect for summer vacation, because they are light on supplies and low maintenance.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Rhythm is Gonna Getcha: Maintaining Consistency in Your Blog
- iStyle – The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Looking Fab: A real-life 5 minute make-up guide with unedited photos
- Mademoiselle Robot – An interview with headwear designer Jennifer Loiselle about films, motherhood and independent designers.
- Only Style Remains the Same – Offer an outfit idea to win a pair of Current/Elliott jeans from only style remains the same and chickdowntown.
- Our Ocean – An insanely inspiring interview with Vivienne Westwood on Jonathan Ross
- Pursed Lips – Lara Stone, size 4, heralded as bringing “curvy” back. But isn’t the bigger difference her C cup bra, and not her weight?
- Rags to Reverie – A look at the Stella McCartney Fall 2009 ad campaign + a couple of deals from the eponymous label
- reLYME – It’s Beka’s birthday, and in the spirit of birthday giving, reLYME is giving away SIX China Glaze nail lacquers from the Kicks collection!
- Retro Chick – Can I wear it? Yes, I can! Retro Chick gives Harem Pants a try with surprising results.
- Style Amor – Check out why I have given up buying a wedding gown from a traditional bridal boutique.
- Sweet Fuzz – Score one of a kind fashion treasures at your local thrift store and check out the insanely cheap items I snapped up at mine.
- The Coveted – Amsterdam Fashion Week bridges the gap between fashion students and industry at Lichting 2009
- Unfunded – Unfunded collaborates with J. Money from Budgets are Sexy to learn what guys really think of the things we wear.