11 July 2009

Save Books and Save Money with PaperBackSwap.com!


This is just a quick post I keep meaning to write about. One area we've been able to save money in is our book consumption. We're all voracious readers as well as book collector's. It can get quite expensive if you read as much as we do. But a few years ago I discovered Paper Back Swap, and we've been trading books like crazy ever since. I've been lucky enough to find out of print copies of books that I used to own, brand new books, as well as old classics. My daughter and husband have benefited by putting their discards on and getting things they were interested in. Its fun to look at our personalized map and see where our books have gone.

Here's how it works: You sign up for a free account, then list the books you'd like to swap. Sit back and wait to see if anyone requests your books. You can print out postage and delivery confirmation right on PaperBackSwap for a small fee, or just print out the address label (they make it so easy for you!) and bring it to your local post office. Most books are sent via media mail, which is the most inexpensive option. Once you have traded a book and the other person marks it as received, you get 1 credit. Now you can request a book! You'd be surprised how quickly the credits add up, and before you know it, you've got a huge wish list too. There are some regulations, but its really very simple and easy to use.

If you like to read and have loads of books around that need to find homes, I highly suggest you check it out! They also have a DVD and CD swap!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea, thanks for sharing! Hmmm...maybe it might work for clothing!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know there are some swap sites for swapping clothing, just haven't looked into them to see how they work. I would imagine its the same kind of point system? Will have to look into them now out of curiosity!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, talk to me! Speak your mind and make a difference. I love finding new blogs to follow, and I can't visit unless you comment.
*Please note: comments are moderated, and anonymous commenting is allowed. I will NOT publish rude comments made anonymously, if you have something rude to say then grow a pair and sign in, then I'll post your comment.I also don't publish comments with imbedded links to spam sites, so stop wasting your time -- you know who you are!
XXX Jet

http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com/p/blog-page.html